The Redeemed Christian Church of God was Established in 1952, with presence in over 190 countries of the world. RCCG Jesus House Torry Church is a Charitable Company registered with the Charity Commission (Charity No. SC042618).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when RCCG Jesus House Torry collects and uses your personal information. Please endeavour to read this notice carefully, and if there are further enquiries about data protection and privacy policies, please contact the below:
Address: - RCCG, Jesus House Torry, 191 Victoria Road, AB11 9NE
Scope:- All data subjects whose data is processed by RCCG Jesus House Torry
Our responsibility is to ensure that this notice is made available to potential data subjects prior to collecting/processing their personal data.
All Office staff of who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
RCCG Jesus House Torry is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. The GDPR will strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
We collect personal information in the following ways:-
Directly from you when you:
• Register for RCCG Jesus House Torry Church events;
• Make a donation;
• Join our passionate volunteer workforce including serving as valuable trustees for RCCG Jesus House Torry local parishes;
• Apply for a job to join our fantastic team;
• Work for us as a contractor;
• Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
• Sign up to join our covenant partners;
• Apply to take a course at one of our RCCG Jesus House Torry Schools
• Contact us with an enquiry;
• Complete an application form for any of our services;
• Complete a survey;
• Are a Pastor/Parish Pastor, an Ordained Minister, a volunteer (worker) in a local Parish or a member of a local Parish.
• And other means
From other sources:
• We may use the Google or other search engines, Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address or data we hold;
Fair Processing Notice
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:-
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
RCCG Jesus House Torry is a Church committed to preserving its Christian ethos and its beliefs in accordance with our statement of faith (further details are available on our website - RCCG Jesus House Torry). Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your personal faith.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability you have disclosed so we can meet any additional customer service requirements.
We also receive prayer requests, and the information may reveal sensitive personal data. As a praying church, we may share and pray for these needs at our internal prayer sessions.
We will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
For the administration of our network of Parishes and to carry out our primary objective which is to advance the Christian Faith and the Relief of Poverty. The benefit of being on our correspondence list is that you get information about our outreach events, training for both spiritual and physical development and real-time information on how we are reaching out to our community and responding to your queries and acknowledging the donations you make. You may also get a notification on Prayer and Fasting Programmes, notification on consultations that affect the Christian Faith, notification of other events on the Christian Calendar globally.
• To process your partnership donations (if applicable) and any other donations.
• To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
• To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
• To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our senior citizens
• When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
• To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and publicity campaigns.
• To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information.
• To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
• For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.